Do I Qualify To Take The Certified Cost Report Specialist (CCRS) Exam?
In order to be eligible for the Certified Cost Report Specialt Exam, a candidate must attend and successfully complete the Cost Report Specialist training camp and meet at least one of the bullet points below:
- Are a Licensed Accountant or CPA; or
- Chief Financial Officer; or
- Revenue Cycle Professional; or
- Reimbursement Professional; or
- Accounting Staff; or
- Tasked with gathering information for Medicare cost reports at healthcare organizations.
Not sure if your experience or credential meets the certification exam guidelines? Contact Us for assistance!
About the Certification Exam
- The cost for one (1) exam attempt is INCLUDED in your tuition, provided you take the exam within three (3) months of completing the training.
- The exam is 100 questions, open book, open note and three (3) hours
- The questions consist of T/F, Multiple Choice and Fill-in-the-Blank
- The exam is taken online from the comfort of your home or office by appointment only and scheduled with a professional AIHC proctor
- Certification is approved by the Certification Exam Board through the American Institute of Healthcare Compliance (AIHC)
- Click Here for more information regarding our Certification Exam policies including scheduling and cancellation fees
Once credentialed, you will have access to the Certified Cost Report Specialist (CCRS) Professionals page containing additional resources to help educate others within your work place.
Exam Retake Policy
- Two (2) additional attempts are permitted
- There is a $75.00 re-scheduling fee
- Once you re-schedule your exam, you will be given access back to the materials page to review
- Per guidelines set forth by our Certification Exam Board, candidates not passing after a total of three (3) attempts are not eligible to certify through our organization
How Do I Maintain My CCRS Credential?
- 6 CEUS are needed annually to maintain your CCRS credential. Click Here to view renewal requirements
Certification Renewal is Annual
- One (1) renewal payment is due each year during the month of your original course registration
- If you have certified prior to your annual membership renewal date, CEUs needed for continued certification will be prorated. After your first renewal, 6 CEUs will then be required each year per course
AIHC offers $35 short courses and Free CEU articles/quizzes to make renewing your credential easier.