Camp Tuition Includes
- Two Days of Classroom Training to Review Key Course Concepts: Lunch is provided.
- Training Materials and Access to the Online Training Page with Quizzes and Downloadable Information.
- AIHC Membership for One (1) Year: This is available for first-time members only.
- Mock Exam.
- One (1) Certification Exam Attempt, Provided the Exam is Taken Within Three (3) Months of the Last Day of Camp: Two additional exam attempts may be purchased for the fee of $75 per attempt.
Training Camp Instructor
Katherine Koss-Vyrostek, BA, CPC, CMDP, CPMA, OHCC, CHA, CHCO, CIFHA, ICDCT-CM
Five (5) or more years of experience working with HIPAA compliance or healthcare compliance, preferably as a HIPAA Compliance Officer or healthcare compliance professional.
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Live
Earn 18 CEUs and Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credits
This program has been approved for 18 continuing education units by the American Institute of Healthcare Compliance for AIHC Certified Professionals. These continuing education units may be applied towards the Core, HIPAA, and Ethics Category CEU Renewal Requirements for the following AIHC credentials: CHCO, CHA, CIFHA, and OHCC.
This program has been approved for 18 continuing education units for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
Core Content Hours Approved: Privacy & Security, 18 Hours
18 CPE Credits
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
The American Institute of Healthcare Compliance is registered with the National Associate of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
In order to be awarded the full credit hours, you must be present on both days of the training. You will register your attendance and departure on the sign-in sheets provided at the event sign-in table.
Take the CHCO Certification Exam within Three (3) Months of Camp
To take advantage of the exam attempt included in your camp tuition, you must take the exam within three (3) months of the last day of the training camp. If you wait until more than three (3) months after the last day of camp to attempt the certification exam, you must pay for each exam attempt at the rate of $75 per attempt.
Training Camp Topics
- Introduction to HIPAA & HITECH
- Importance of HIPAA
- Business Associates & Business Associate Agreements (BAA)
- Notice of Privacy Practices & Understanding Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Privacy & Breach
- EDI, Transactions, Code Sets
- HIPAA Privacy Rule under GINA
- Electronic Health Records: Meaningful Use
- HIPAA Security & Mitigating Risk
- HIPAA Security Rule & Understanding the Concepts of Risk Analysis and Risk Management
- Administrative Safeguards under HIPAA
- Physical Safeguards
- Technical Safeguards
- Mitigating Risk of Cybercrime: Cybersecurity Tips & Resources
Training Camp Location
Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas
4315 Swenson Street, Las Vegas, Nevada 89119
Scroll down for more details.
March 31, 2020 at 12:00pm EST
How to Register
Register Online as a Non-Member
Register Online as an AIHC Member
Register Via Mail or Fax
5000 Gateway Drive, Suite 202
Medina, Ohio 44256