Training Camp Presenters
Joanne Byron, BS, LPN, CCA, CIFHA, CHA, CHCM, CHBS, CHCO, OHCC, CMDP, ICDCT-CM/PCS, CEO of the American Institute of Healthcare Compliance
David Sims, Cybersecurity Expert
Prerequisites: We recommend five (5) or more years of experience working with HIPAA compliance or healthcare compliance, preferably as a HIPAA Compliance Officer or healthcare compliance professional.
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Live
Earn CEUs and Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credits
This program has been approved for 18 continuing education units by the American Institute of Healthcare Compliance for AIHC Certified Professionals. These continuing education units may be applied towards the Core, HIPAA, and Ethics Category CEU Renewal Requirements for the following AIHC credentials: CHCO, CHA, CIFHA, and OHCC.
This program has been approved for 18 continuing education units for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
Core Content Hours Approved: Privacy & Security, 18 Hours
18 CPE Credits - Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
The American Institute of Healthcare Compliance is registered with the National Associate of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
In order to be awarded the full credit hours, you must be present on both days of the training. You will register your attendance and departure on the sign-in sheets provided at the event sign-in table.
Option to Certify Online (After Camp) Earn Your CHCO Credential
Training Camp Topics
View a Detailed Camp Topic List
- Introduction to HIPAA & HITECH
- Importance of HIPAA
- Business Associates & Business Associate Agreements (BAA)
- Notice of Privacy Practices & Understanding Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Privacy & Breach
- EDI, Transactions, Code Sets
- HIPAA Privacy Rule under GINA
- 42 CFR Part 2 Program and how healthcare providers can determine how Part 2 applies to your organization
- Electronic Health Records: Meaningful Use
- HIPAA Security & Mitigating Risk
- HIPAA Security Rule & Understanding the Concepts of Risk Analysis and Risk Management
- Administrative Safeguards under HIPAA
- Physical Safeguards
- Technical Safeguards
- Mitigating Risk of Cybercrime: Cybersecurity Tips & Resources
Training Camp Location
Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas
4315 Swenson Street
Las Vegas, Nevada 89119
Special Event Room Rates for Attendees of this Training Camp
- Single or Double Rate: $129 per Night (Before Tax)
- Triple Rate: $139 per Night (Before Tax)
- Quad Rate: $149 per Night (Before Tax)
Twin Double Bed
- Single or Double Rate: $149 per Night (Before Tax)
- Triple Rate: $159 per Night (Before Tax)
- Quad Rate: $169 per Night (Before Tax)
Room Registration Deadline: March 31, 2020
After March 31st, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to obtain these special rates when making a guest room reservation.
Make Your Guest Room Reservations Directly With the Hotel by Phone: (702) 795-2800
Inform the hotel that you are attending the American Institute of Healthcare Compliance Event to obtain our discounted room rate.
Fly into Las Vegas International Airport - McCarren Airport
This event is located near Las Vegas International Airport - McCarren Airport. The hotel offers a complimentary airport shuttle service to the airport, but not from the airport.
Airport shuttles from Las Vegas International Airport - McCarren Airport to local hotels and resorts are available.
March 31, 2020 at 12:00pm EST
How to Register
Register Online as a Non-Member: Pay $825
Register Online as an AIHC Member: Pay $695
Register Via Mail or Fax
5000 Gateway Drive, Suite 202
Medina, Ohio 44256